Artist Jane Giblin and her partner Jeweller Paul Mason visited LARQ recently. Jane was on a research mission for the artwork she is contributing to the forthcoming Queenstown Heritage and Arts Festival. Watch for details.
Photo: Phil Mason
– Jude Abell – LARQ Artist in Residence April/May 2012 Open Studio – Farewell. Sunday 27 May 4pm – 6pm
– Raymond Arnold – Paintings and Prints exhibition To be opened by noted historian Nic Haygarth Saturday 9 June 5pm – 7pm. Exhibition continues until 30 June 2012
– New Topographics – Lino cut print workshop with Melbourne artist Bridget Hillebrand Saturday/Sunday 16/17 June 2012
– Robynn Smith – LARQ Artist in Residence from the USA June 2012 Exhibition of prints – LARQ Bank studio annex 37 Orr Street. Viewing 5pm – 7pm Saturday 16 June 2012
In Robynn’s work, historical, geographic and geological imagery collide, creating disparate sparks and connecting threads of time, nature and culture. While at LARQ, she will be working on a series of etchings and monotypes, while photographing and researching the natural landscape and human history of Tasmania for future projects.
– GeoPrint – Artist workshop Monday 18 June/Friday 22 June 2012
– Ruth Johnstone –LARQ Artist in Residence Mount Lyell Mining Office Monday 25 June/Saturday 14 July 2012
– Tim Chatwin – LARQ Artist in Residence Bank studio Annex June/July 2012
– Queenstown Arts and Heritage Festival – The Unconformity – LARQ/National Trust Exhibitions-Installations by Julian Cooper, Ruth Johnstone, Tim Chatwin and Jan Senbergs 13/14 October 2012
image credit: Mt. Lyell 1, hardground etching, 40 x 30 cm, new edition LARQ Studio